Thursday, June 28, 2012

Not My Fault! ...Kind of My Fault

So sorry! I know that I was going to do this every week and now I'm two weeks behind! Ah!
Here's what happened the first week: Not my Fault.
So I was actually super excited to post last Wednesday and was all about what I was going to say and how I was going to say it wittily and things like that when my internet went out for two days starting Wednesday night! So my week went as can be expected, I celebrated a little too early.
I found out that there had been some problems with my measuring. Not awful problems but it had been brought up that certain things were consistently wrong, which is not good when in general, measurements should be really exact. Two of the people I had worked with had noticed this and told my boss who very sweetly showed me how to do it correctly. No one was rude about it but I felt like I had let them down. They were extra cautious to make sure I knew was I was doing that day and it frustrated me. I did ask, later though, if everything was okay. I wanted to make sure that my mistakes weren't messing with someone else's deadline and Beth assured me nothing was the matter, that I'm still doing a great job and that it was nice of me to ask.
I also found out that the adorable Pete is married, so it clearly was not my week. I almost cried, but not actually.
But the weekend before I went shopping and finally used my employee discount at an Urban store near me! It was great, except I'm not allowed to go shopping by myself. I am extremely indecisive and I think I was in that one for store for literally two hours. It was an ungodly amount of time. BUT while I was in there, I started asking the girl who worked the fitting rooms for opinions and stuff because, again, I can't decide things ever. We got to talking and I found out that she's an intern too and is there (I think) 3 days a week. We decided to do lunch today and it was fun to add her to our little group, she's really fun and we all got along really well.
Oh! and I wouldn't have written this last week cause it wouldn't have happened yet but I was really in bad shape on Friday.I had gone to the girl's house and just had some wine with the guys and drank way more than I had initially thought. Now, I don't usually get hung over...but the next day was not a picnic. I was mostly fine, I was dizzy but I drank water, made and ate breakfast and drove into work rather than used the subway and I was fine! Once I got in, however, it sucked. I went to the bathroom more than once to try to get the breakfast out of my stomach and even laid down once of twice. Classy, I know, I think it's contagious. Well, by 11, both my breakfast and my headache were gone and the rest of the day was wonderful!
I went home again this weekend for my daddy's birthday and we went out to a nice dinner and I bought him the biography of Margret Thatcher, the Iron Lady. He seemed to really like it and I was glad.
On Monday I drove straight in from Jersey and got in at the usual time. I once again did a lot of organizing, spec-ing and more and more people are asking me to full on create style pages and comment cards and sit in on fittings which is fantastic. The designers are always present for a fitting and I learned the amount of time it takes to fit a garment is generally closely related to how clear the designer's "vision" is. It's interesting to watch both sides working together since I only possess once side and my superiors at school just tend to fight with me from the other side. Either way, I still love it. And I'm sorry I'm late at updating. I'm going home again tomorrow to get a bus to the city. I don't know why it's so stupidly hard to get to New York from here. It should be a cinch! But I am a terrible planner and I like to take my time and buying a round trip ticket involves me needing to know what time I'll be done so I can buy the damn thing. It's just easier to get home and hop on the first available bus each way. Night! I'm super pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment